Your search for a traditional and multi-purpose suit jacket sewn to the standard of perfection ends here. Argyle jacket which is also spelled as “Argyll jacket” sometimes is one of the classiest & versatile ones among kilt jackets which are worn to perfectly flaunt a highland fashion and Scottish traditional pride on semi-formal & formal occasions.
Inspiration & history of the Argyle jacket:
The beginning of highland fashion dates back to the 17th century and since then the evolution of these historical apparels is still going on. However, in the 19th-century, significant trends for young gentlemen evolved and it was when Victorians blended existing doublet style & suit jackets (sack style) and developed a new hybrid namely Argyle or Argyll jacket.
(Argyll is also a branch of Clan Campbell in western Scotland.)
This suit jacket without tails was much appreciated for pairing with the kilts among men due to its elegant & conventional design for both day and evening wear. It is still the trending and most preferable jacket for highland dressing in Scottish, Irish and Welsh communities.
Well rounded fashion and sleek themed:
With a motive to create a more well-rounded kilt jacket, no doubt that this argyle jacket was fabricated in a classic black color along with a Standard notch collar and flap pockets for convenience, it was decorated with contrasting silver Celtic buttons all over the front and sleeves that comes with different cuff option such as *Gauntlet, *Crail and *Braemar. These features clearly make it the best choice for a formal occasion in the day time as well as for casual wear.
Though it now comes with a variety of more dark shades also such as navy blue & grey however, the standard black design is the more accurate replica today.
*Gauntlet: Standard Argyle cuffs.
*Braemer: 3 buttons patched cuffs.
*Crail: Plain cuffs.
When to wear Argyle Jacket?
“One for all”
Though the most recommended way is to wear this jacket on the formal events that take place in the morning or for day times such as a wedding, graduation, and highland games. But the best thing about this jacket is its versatility as you can wear it casually and also as a black tie outfit to semi-formal occasions in the evening. Suitable for almost every occasion like ball dance parties, reunions, Christenings, dinners, and the list goes on.
What to wear with it?
Highland dress with Argyll jacket is worn with 8-yard tartan kilts, white shirt with a black bow tie, ruched tie or cravat, off-white, and grey or argyle socks with gillie brogues. The black color of the jacket goes well with every tartan. It can also be accompanied by a matching vest or waistcoat which usually comes with the same details and five buttons. Only wear a belt with a fancy buckle when you just want to wear a jacket without a vest. Accessorize your outfit with Celtic kilt sporran and finest pieces such as silver kilt pin, cufflinks, and Sgian dubh.
Remember: The single button provided at the front of the jacket should never be fastened (tied) whether you’re wearing it with a vest or not.
How we craft it?
We craft it in 100% pure Barathea or Serge wool and internally line it with satin for durable and remarkable comfort. This jacket features standard notch collar with a single button and is adorned with three rust free chrome buttons with the Celtic symbol on each side over the flaps of pockets whereas shoulder epaulets are also decorated with buttons. Its sleeves come with three kinds of Cuffs (described above) out of which you can choose any one though Gauntlet cuff style is the best option that we recommend. The design is slightly less formal than Prince Charlie as there are no tails at the rears.
Argyll jacket is itself a standout style to don so we make sure that it is flawless fit to flatter you from every angle.
Vest or waistcoat:
The 5 buttons vest is also crafted with the same theme however this jacket doesn’t come with vest and it’s a matter of choice for style and occasion. You need to order it additionally with your jacket.
Argyle Jacket Tweed style:
Argyle tweed jacket is no different from traditional Argyle jacket except the fact that it is crafted in wool with tweed cloth for a lighter shade. This makes it a good choice for day wear.
How can you customize it?
We accurately make to measure each jacket and vest according to the custom details in the order. So you’re free to customize other than size, like lapels and cuff styles of your Argyll jacket when placing an order.
In a Nut Shell:
- Most elegant and stylish jacket from the Victorian era.
- Versatile Jacket for an Ideal Highland dressing.
- Worn with tartan kilt, white collar shirt with cravat or tie, grey or similar socks with gillie brogues and accentuated with kilt sporran along with other accessories.
- Suitable for all occasions like formal, semi-formal and day wear.
- The jacket should not be tied at the front and can be worn with or without matching vest.
- Made in 100% pure Barathea or Serge with satin lining.
- Furnished with rust-free Celtic chrome buttons.
- Equipped with two air vents and pockets.
- Stylish strapped shoulders and sleeves with Gauntlet cuffs.
- Available in both black and tweed.
- Made to order and customizable.
Argyle Charlie Economy Jacket:
- Basic Argyle jacket without a vest.
- Complimentary stitching at a reasonable price.
- Made in Black serge wool and lined with satin.
- Decorated with shiny buttons on the front, shoulders, and sleeves.
- Conventional pockets and stylish cuffs.
- Best to wear for formal dinners, weddings, reunions, and ball dances.
- Made to measure for tailored fitting and customizable jacket.
Argyle Tweed Jacket with Vest:
- Graceful Argyle outfit with tweed jacket and vest.
- Finest stitching and exceptional design.
- Made in Serge wool & tweed cloth and internally lined with satin.
- Celtic buttons embellishment all over the front, shoulders, and sleeves.
- Conventional pockets and stylish Gauntlet cuffs.
- Matching vest with 5 buttons.
- Best to wear for day wear such as weddings, graduation, christening, reunions etc.
- Made to measure for tailored fitting and customizable.
Word count = 1055 words.
Ignore red or green underlined words indicating grammar error in the text as few words are not part of English language.
Researched and manually written by me (Emmna). So was not checked for plagiarism.